Friday, June 15, 2007

Jinju -The name

Well, many of my friends ask me why my name is Jinju. Well I was born in New Delhi. There lived these lovely people in the neighbouring flat. Mr. Krishanmurthy whom I fondly called "kichchamulthy mama" n Mr. Lakshmi Krishnamurthy whom I called "Lachmi mami" because I couldn't pronounce properly. Well, mami n mama have been like family to us ever since my parents shifted to the flat in Delhi. Mami used to take more care of me than my mother, atleast thats what my mom confesses. And not to forget that I was a very good boy back then and I have never troubled her, not that I am not one now. So when I was born, I don't know what struck mami's mind that she nicknamed me Jinju. I really don't know what it means. And I bet even she doesn't.

Ever since then, there had been a strange grin on my face when anybody asked me what Jinju meant. I was passing through this "What does my nickname mean?" crisis. But last year, things began to change. My sister, sent me an e-mail of something called an ego-search. Well, for those who are ignorant as I was back then, ego-search is basically googling your name. Trust me, it feels so good that it deserves to be called ego search.

I totally forgot about this e-mail. Just a month back the mail struck back to my mind. I began searching Jinju on Google. And believe it or not, there is this cool city in Korea which is called..... u guessed right "Jinju". Oh my God! This thing was really cool!! Moreover, the city's got a sword dance which was designated as an asset on 16th January, thats my birthday! What a coincidence! This city's even got natural history. Its got fossilized dinosaurs and stuff. Jinju is such an ancient name. I bet even mami doesn't know this.

Now I think that if I go to this city, I will be treated like a King. But never mind, I am Ganapati. I am GOD here.


















Pictures from top to bottom
1.A picture of the city
2.Sword Dance of Jinju-si
3.A three storeyed Pagoda in the city

1 comment:

Rohit said...

Cool man. Bloody freaky coincidence that 16th jan thing. I bet if you go there, the astrologers might say that you are their long lost emperor or something and proclaim you their ruler. Try it once in your life.