Thursday, May 24, 2007

The sports day massacre

This incident took place when I was in the 9th standard. It was our school's sports day and we were at the CRPF grounds in Jogeshwari. Not many people had arrived. A group of 30-40 students, principal Fr. Phillip and few teachers were there. Buses were yet to arrive with students.

On the way to the ground, we had seen Hrithik Roshan shooting for a movie. This was the time when the Hrithik craze was at its peak. We all stood watching the shoot until a policeman asked us to leave that place. We went to the ground where our sports day was being held.

On the ground, we were discussing about Hrithik and the shoot. Some said it was an ad shoot, while some said that a movie was being shot. Our principal came towards me and asked me what was going on. I told him that a shooting was going on and Hrithik was starring in it. I had a strange feeling when i said this. He asked me where it was being held. I told him that it was being held at a ground nearby. I had this strange feeling once again, when I spoke. I could hear voices. I looked around. It was then that I realized that Fr. Phillip was holding a microphone in his hand and he was trying to hide it in his robes. And I could hear my voice through the PA. All the students started laughing. I said "SHIT!!!" and the word echoed all over the ground. Silence spread all over the ground. Fr. Phillip stared at me and started laughing. Every one laughed once again.

I was really embarassed. When the rest of the students arrived, the other students made sure that even they knew what had happened. It didn't take a long time for everyone to know what had happened. Thanks to God, they forgot about this incident in a day or two. Nobody spoke about it at school the next day!!!

No comments: