Friday, June 15, 2007

Dave Mustaine





Dave Mustaine - The lead guitarist and vocalist of one of the greatest thrash metal bands "MEGADETH"



The best riffs I have ever seen have come out of his fingertips. This guy by what I have read, is a man full of attitude. When I heard Megadeth for the first time, I didn't know that singing Mustaine songs would be difficult. But God save me! He has a very high pitch. It really gives me a headache to sing in his pitch. As far as playing the Guitar goes, you can simply call him the Guitar God! Playing the signature Mustaine riffs and singing in the signature Musataine pitch is not simple. Infact it is not easy at all. There are people who can do it. But no one good enough to stand toe to toe with Mustaine.


I read somewhere that he had broken his hand and he learnt playing guitars all over again. He asked his tutor to teach him scales. The tutor was stunned. Mustaine played him some solos and his tutor told him that he played Pentatonics. If self taught guitarists can be so good, I guess i should stop learning from a teacher myself. But nevermind, he is The Dave Mustaine. He is a gifted human being. Gifted with a wonderful voice, great guitar playing skills and loads of attitude.


For those of you who didn't know, Mustaine played with Metallica long back. James Hettfeild kicked him out due to ego problems. Mustaine formed Megadeth to kick some Metallica rear. I bet if he stayed with Metallica any longer it would be him kicking Lars and James out! All hail Dave Mustaine and may Mustainisms live forever!!!!!



No comments: