Thursday, May 24, 2007

Adding fuel to fire can burn hands

I suddenly am reminded of this incident which took place maybe a decade ago. This was the time when I was still living in Hyderabad with my parents. There was this notorious but really smart guy called Vasu. He was 2 years elder to me. He was standing with two of my friends, Prakash and Shashank.

Prakash called Shashank an idiot. Vasu said,"Oh my god!! He called idiot!!" Then Shashank called Prakash stupid. Vasu said,"Oh no!! He called u stupid!!" Prakash and Shashank were fighting and Vasu was adding fuel to fire. I saw this and thought this was fun!!!!

I went one of my friends and told her that a little girl called her stupid. She said, that the little girl was stupid to have said that to her. Now, it was my time to act like the Narad muni. I went to the little girl and said that my friend called her stupid. Before I could say anything else she started crying and ran home and before I could think, she brought her mother down.

Her mother pulled my friend to her parents. My friend came to my home to complaint to my parents. She was a smart girl and she knew that it was all done by me. My dad beat me up badly. I was really ashamed for what I had done. But deep inside I knew that doing something like that needed guts of immense proportions. I was feeling heroic like Mangal Pandey deep inside because my friends were peeping into our house from the door and watching me get beaten up by my parents. And amongst all my friends, there stood Vasu. He is really a very smart guy to have escaped without getting beaten up, I thought to myself.

Poor girl, she cried a lot. I really feel bad for my friend even today. I don't know if she remembers the incident. I am not specifying her name. If she does remember she will really be surprised to read my side of the story, because no one knew why I did that, but me!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

heehee....i did not know dad would beat u up for doing such things :D
BTW...who was this girl?